Smart phone usage is at an all time high with users demanding more and more data transfers along with faster speeds and consistent coverage. Every wireless carrier is facing this same problem and is in a race to build a solution faster and better than their competitors.
Until recently, the wireless telecommunications industry relied on obtaining information from several separate sources. Understanding the best microwave links for strategic and tactical service planning was a chore measured in weeks and at significant costs. Not anymore.
Introducing LinkPro: Make Your Mobile Network Planning More Profitable
Intermap, a leading provider of location-based information solutions for over 15 years, has developed a Web-based application called LinkPro that will revolutionize the way you manage and grow your mobile network planning business. Combining Intermap high-accuracy NEXTMap® clutter height data along with user-defined tower locations and key planning tools into one convenient and easy-to-use Web service, LinkPro is aimed at cell carriers, infrastructure planning companies, telco service companies, MLP software providers, and cell tower owners. LinkPro provides customers with in-depth terrain and clutter analysis for any potential link in the continental US or Europe, including instant feedback and visual validation with the click of a mouse. This allows telcos and planners to instantly tune and view their networks for the planning and development of 4G WiMax and Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless networks globally.
For instances where Web applications are not an option, Intermap offers LinkPro Desktop, a software solution that allows link planners to analyze microwave profiles from their own workstations. This free software download retains all the basic functionality of the LinkPro Web application including access to the entire inventory of NEXTMap terrain data.
Immediate Results with LinkPro
Using the LinkPro application, Network Planners can quickly build an any-to-any network and immediately identify all valid links from links with obstructions penetrating the Fresnel Zone or blocking the line-of-sight between towers. Results can be viewed immediately online via clear map-based graphical representations of any given market that are color-coded based on clearance. Profile results under each link can be imported into other commercial network planning software to create accurate direct path models representing both the terrain and the clutter separately. This provides telecommunication companies the flexibility to fulfill their infrastructure planning needs without the requirement for any alterations to the existing work flow.
LinkPro's features include:
- Accurate Clutter: contains the industry’s most accurate and comprehensive clutter database.
- Inventory Loading: upload your tower database into LinkPro and manage it from anywhere. Or, let LinkPro manage it for you.
- Planning Tools: Fresnel clearance analysis, tower height adjustment, link viability and more.
- Private Label: private label LinkPro with your company’s brand or your logo to provide that personalized experience.
- 3D Visualization: color coded links in easy-to-view 3D map-based graphics.
LinkPro's clutter height data can help you stay competitive and keep your costs down when planning your wireless network – helping you to more accurately:
- determine if your current networks require expansion or enhancement
- evaluate terrain for planning your networks
- perform line-of-sight and viewshed analysis
- determine the best-possible tower locations and antenna heights
- expand your existing networks and backhaul
- create accurate coverage maps
- optimize propagation modeling